Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-07-10

Jump in the leaves by Georgie Connelly



Hi lovelies,

Thanks for joining me here today! I’m sharing two coordinating cards, Jump in the leaves and Dance in the rain. Using the gorgeous paper set from 7 Dots Studio, Cotton Candy Dreams.





I started, as i usually do, with a coat of clear gesso on each blank, ready to take whatever mediums I throw at it. I then went in with some amazing platinum crackle, honestly the crackle effect from this is just gorgeous, and I used a heat gun to speed up the process… and still got perfect crackling!!



I layered pieces of Scrapiniec chippies and some mechanicals from Finnabair. After, I lightly coloured some of the Purity flowers and stuck down.



Once everything was in place my favourite part began, adding colour with the waxes and metallic watercolours and using Glitter Glass and glitter. The fun bits to build interest for the eye. Once dry I added the two sentiments I had chosen. In this case I had chose these first as my inspiration, to create something akin to jumping in leaves and puddles in Autumn, perfect for the scattered, messy mixed media look which I love!

Hugs
Georgie

Mixed Media Place supplies:

1 comment:

  1. Amazing !!! Love all your works Georgie, even they are on Autumn.....I like summer warm colors. Thanks for sharing..... LOVE&HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.